I hope everyone had fun ringing in the new year! We had a great time with close friends and some family celebrating five years of marriage and Sam's first New Year! :) New Years Eve is my favorite day of the year...and this year was extra special, not just because it was Sam's first New Year, but also because our good friends, Jenn and Matt welcomed a beautiful baby boy, Andrew James, to the world the morning of New Years Eve!!! Congratulations to them and the journey of parenthood that lies ahead! :D
|Sam's new friend, Andrew.|
I was hoping to put up a Christmas post AND a "Sam turns 3 months old" post earlier in the week, but things have been a little hectic around here - so I will just have to smash them all into one post. :)
Christmas day was a lot of fun around here...it was also very busy. Phone calls, video chats, Sam's long naps, and cooking Christmas dinner meant we didn't get to finish opening all the presents on Christmas day. So we had to stretch Christmas over a few days...which worked out for the best because Grandmom Mamie and Uncle Kenny came to town a few days after Christmas, which is when Sam finished opening all his presents from Santa. Haha!
Sam also turned THREE MONTHS OLD on December 30th! :D Here are some three-month-old big boy stuff he does now:
- Chews on his hands CONSTANTLY!
- Drools up a storm - within ten minutes of wearing a clean shirt, it is soaked!
- He is very ticklish and giggles like crazy when you tickle his thighs and neck
- Sitting up is a breeze - well almost...he needs a little support (usually from his bumbo seat)
- Rolling over hasn't happened yet, but it's coming soon...Sam does these little "half-rolls" that keep us on our toes
- Sam has discovered his voice and seems to thoroughly enjoy shrieking. He loves to giggle and coo also and WE LOVE IT TOO!!!
- One of his favorite new toys is a mobile we recently got for his crib...it plays a light show and he LOVES talking to his new mobile and flashing it huge smiles!
- One big change that has happened in the last couple weeks - his sleep schedule is finally predictable! He's a great sleeper - averaging about 12 hours a night, waking up about twice to eat and then goes right back to sleep. It's GREAT!!! :D
Here are some photos and videos to catch up on from the last week:
|Sam asleep in his swing on Christmas Eve|
|Santa came to our house for the first time :)|
|Snoozing away on Christmas Eve|
|Sam with some of his presents from Mom-Mom|
|Video chatting it up with Mom-Mom on Christmas day|
|Some presents from Aunt Angi, Uncle Tony and Cousin Dylan|
|Another present from Aunt Angi, Uncle Tony and Cousin Dylan|
|Sam looking a little jealous that Santa put an eye-glass case in Daddy's stocking|
|One of his favorite Christmas presents. :)|
VIDEO - "Sammy and the Dancing Dog"
VIDEO - "A Geek Christmas" :
|Uncle Kenny came to visit for New Years!!! :)|
|Sammy and his Grandmom Mamie|
|Our big boy on the day he turned three months old!!!|
|Three months old!!!|
|Happy day! :)|
|He's so gangsta.|
|My sweet boy is THREE MONTHS OLD!!! :D|