Sunday, September 18, 2011

Full Term!


Well...I've officially made it to 37 weeks, which is considered FULL TERM!  I can't believe we're almost there - 21 days til D-Day (or should I say B-Day? haha!).  In the beginning of this pregnancy, I felt time couldn't creep by any slower, and now that I'm so close to the end, I'm really wondering where all the time went and if this little guy is going to be patient so I can finish getting things ready for him.

The last couple days have been an emotional, hormonal rollercoaster...

ALL ABOARD THE CRAZY TRAIN:  Choo Choo!

Friday was my last day of work.  I was so busy the last couple days of work that I don't think it really sunk in that I was leaving.  Nobody likes getting up and going to work everyday (me included), but I truly loved my job and as happy as I've been leading up to that last day, I must say I was a little sad walking out to my car for the last time Friday.

Saturday brought severe ANXIETY!  Of course I know I'm pregnant and I've known this for quite some time now, but all of the sudden the realization set in that in just a few weeks (or sooner), we are bringing home a little baby and we're totally responsible for him.  This seems like it would be the most common sense piece of information a nine month pregnant woman should have, but somehow all of my happiness, impatience and excitement to bring this little guy home turned to pure FEAR.  I'm not too sure what brought on all the anxiety...I think it was a culmination of my last day of work, realizing that I'm now full-term and Sam doesn't necessarily have to wait til his due date to show up, and thinking about all of the things I want to get done before he gets here.  My husband deserves a medal of honor for being so sweet and calming me down on Saturday.  He brought the crazy train to a halt and now I'm feeling much better...

It's now Sunday and I'm feeling at ease - my anxiety turned back into excitement and anticipation.  :)  I'm going to spend the next few days getting everything ready and packing a hospital bag just in case Sam decides to show up early.  

I can't wait to kiss this little face!!!




1 comment:

  1. Just remember to breathe! You will do fine, I think all new Mom's go through this anxiety phase. Enjoy these last precious moments! Watch a movie, lol, because you won't be able to soon! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete